Miss Nancy began long distance teaching in February introducing preschoolers to the joy of music via FaceTime. At the daycare center, Little Blessings, I was able to teach old folk tunes, like London Bridge is Falling Down and newer ones, like The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round. French tunes and language are also an important part of Music Monday. The children, ranging from ages or 2 years to 4 years, enjoyed singing the French puppet song, Ainsi Font, Font, Font, and are learning to count in French. Merci, mes amis!
Gold Cup Festival is this Saturday. I hope you are all polishing up your beautiful pieces for the friendly judge!
1. Play your required and choice pieces at home before you leave for the festival!
2. Bring your music with you.
3. Adjust your piano bench so you are comfortable.
4. Try out a few notes on the piano in the judging room.
5. Get into your starting position before beginning your performance.
6. Take your time, and hold those nice fermata notes at the end of your piece!
7. Wear comfortable, performance quality clothing.
8. Have fun!
See you there!